Before we dive into acne, let us make it clear that WEARING A MASK IS IMPORTANT!
Hot summer months can be a challenge for skin even without a global pandemic. Our pores clog up easily with sweat and dirt that usually results in acne. Now we have to throw a mask on our face everyday, which unfortunately seals all those nasty juices in. Sorry for the visual.
How does a face mask cause acne?
- Irritation from the fabric: The material of the mask can often absorb our faces natural oils. This leads skin feeling dry and irritated. If you are washing your face masks with detergent or fabric softeners, these products can get stuck in the fabric and aggravate your skin. Look out for redness and dryness – these are the most common indicators of your skin being inflamed.
- Constant rubbing: Certain masks can cause chafing due to the uncomfortable “rubbing” against your skin. This is why it is important to get a mask that fits your face without being too tight.
- Clogging of pores: When your pores get clogged, pimples and cysts’ rise to the skin’s surface. The mask can unfortunately seal in a lot of moisture from your breath and heat. Aside from “normal” acne, some people are now experiencing a breakout called folliculitis. This happens when bacteria infects hair follicles. #yuck
How do I prevent this evil “maskne”?
- Clean your damn face!: Sorry to be so harsh, but it’s very important to wash your face people. Make sure the wash you are using has clean ingredients that don’t cause any skin aggravation.
- Apply a moisturizer that works for your skin: Certain skin types get extremely dry behind the mask. Applying a moisturizer that doesn’t irritate your face could be a great way to keep your face hydrated.
- Wear less makeup: I think we can all agree that no make-up is better then a face full of acne. Skip the extra 20 minutes applying layers of make-up and let your skin breathe. This is just another layer of products that can potentially clog your pores. Besides, nobody is seeing your face behind the mask. #JustSaying
- Use clean laundry detergent: If you have sensitive skin, you may want to think about switching your detergent to fragrance free. When directly on your face, these harsh chemicals can lead to breakouts, redness, and burning.
Hopefully these tips will help you get a “maskne” skin regimen down for a healthy glowing face!
Low-Maintenance House Plants
Taking care of plants is not always as easy as it looks. Every plant requires different conditions in order for them to thrive and some require more care than others. Here are some of the best low-maintenance plants that are perfect for the house.
Let’s get to planting
If you live in a house or apartment that has limited sunlight, this is the plant for you. Pothos plants thrive in the dark and can withstand over and under watering. These plants cost around $20.
If you are looking for a pop of color, these beautiful Chinese evergreen plants come in a handful of different colors including green, pink, white and red. Additionally, they love water so you never have to worry about overwatering these plants. These plants cost around $15
If your someone who will forget to water the plants, this Jade plant is the perfect plant for you! The Jade Plant retains water in its leaves, keeping it nourished and hydrated for a long time. It can last up to a month without any water! This plant costs around $18
Also known as an Asparagus fern, this plant is like the chameleon of house plants. It can adapt very easily to the environment that it is placed in. For example, if it is in an area with a lot of sun it will thrive in that area or if it is in a dark room, it will also still be okay. This plant is very versatile and strong. It costs around $14
There is only one thing that a Yucca plant truly needs and that is the sun. This plant loves sunshine and really thrives when it has direct sunlight. It can be watered sporadically, but the one rule of the Yucca plant is to place it in the area with the most sun and it will be okay. This plant costs around $32
Ditch the dirt and invest in some air plants! These plants thrive with just air and water. dunk your plants in water for about three hours every 10 days and then let them hang in the air. You will be amazed watching the process of these plants grow. These plants cost around $19
Also known as Peace lilies, it is almost nearly impossible to over water these plants. These plants love water so much that they could actually grown in a body of water. They will also grow in either a dark or sunlit area however, if they are placed in the sun, they will also grow flowers! These plants cost about $10
Also known as the Chinese money plant, this plant will constantly produce shoots that you can replant in a different area or gift it to a friend! Water it once a week for the best results. This plant costs about $20
Which plant will you buy for your home? #PlantParent
New Amazon Releases You Need To Get ASAP
Amazon is the online store that has anything and everything. The store is constantly adding more to the website to make sure they have all of your needs. Recently, they have posted some new releases and we are obsessed to say the least. Here are just some of the new releases we recommend getting your hands on ASAP
Let’s shop til’ we drop
Edelqual Tankini Swimsuits
This adorable swimsuit is perfect for a late night swim or laying out in the cooler weather of September. It’s ruffled top and high-waisted bottoms are flattering for every body shape! The material is smooth, stretchy, elastic, durable, quick-drying, Non-stick sand, and skin-friendly. It also has adjustable straps and removable pads to give you as much comfort and customization as possible. It sells for $25.
Halafs Monocular Telescope
A telescope for $20?! sign us up! This monocular telescope is 40×60 high power HD, meaning it captures distance clearly and effectively. With your purchase you will also get a smartphone holder and tripod to stabilize the piece. The telescope itself is waterproof, has night vision and a clear prism dual focus. This is great for hunting, traveling, wildlife & bird watching , star-gazing and for gifts to others!
Momo & Nashi First Day and Last Day of School Board Signs
Make memories that will last a lifetime or use these to take great insta pics! These Reusable chalkboards are adorable. Each is 14” X 11” and double sided, so there is plenty of room to write all your kids favorites down about their first and last day of school. Each board has fun, eye-catching designs that make photos stand out. Additionally, you will get red, blue and yellow dustless chalk with your purchase. Take photos of your kids yearly and watch their favorites change as they grow older. These boards sell for $13 each.
NNice Blackhead Remover
Do you struggle with your blackheads? This is the perfect product for you! This blackhead remover gets rid of your blackheads almost instantly. The acne extractor comes with a camera so you can do it yourself very easily. The adjustable cleaner also comes with 3 different suction power tops and 5 replacement probes. Purchase this for $35 on Amazon prime.
Yongcheng Portable Air Conditioner
If you are someone who struggles with overheating very easily, this portable air conditioner is a great item to have! This personal air cooler comes with 3 different speeds and 7 different colors, so you can really customize your experience. It also is cordless which makes it easier to have it anywhere at anytime. Bring this to the beach, poolside at a baseball game or use the handle to hang it in your dorm or office. Essentially, this is great anywhere its a little too hot to handle. This item sells for $40
Geronmine Handheld Karaoke Microphone
This $15 Karaoke Microphone can spice up any game night. This microphone also works as a speaker with it’s bluetooth option! Bring this to any family game night, or birthday party and you will have everyones singing in no time. It also comes in 4 different colors, so you can choose which color fits your personality the best!
Which amazon purchase will you make first?
Healthy Lunch Box Meals For Kids
Packing lunch for the kids can be a challenge! Of course you want them to enjoy healthy food, but it doesn’t always appeal to them. Plus, it can be really expensive to constantly be providing organic lunches. However, theres no need to worry anymore! Here are some delicious, nutritious and affordable lunches that your kids are guaranteed to love.
Let’s Start Packing!
The Breakfast Box
This box is for the kid that just loves breakfast foods! It is filled with Natural sugars, carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats to keep them attentive throughout the whole day. The box includes:
- 10 Grapes
- 6 Mini pancakes
- 4 Strawberries
- Tablespoon of peanut butter
- Mozzarella cheese
The Cheese Lovers Box
This box is for the kid that loves to snack and can not get enough cheese!! This box is filled with vitamins, minerals and tasty snacks to keep your kid satisfied. This box includes:
- Grilled cheese, made with mozzarella and whole wheat bread
- A cucumber slices
- 1/2 Cup of blueberries
- 1/2 Cup of popcorn
Mexican Bento Box
This box is perfect for the kid who loves a spicy kick to their meal. With delicious sauces and sides, it’s the perfect box to mix and match food combinations. This box includes:
- Handful of sweet potato crackers
- Tablespoon of guacamole
- Tablespoon of salsa
- Cheddar cheese quesadilla
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, sliced
The Pizza Party Box
If your kid loves pizza, this an easy to make and healthy alternative that they are guaranteed to be excited about when they open their lunchbox! Paired with a sweet treat, it is like getting an appetizer, entree and dessert! This box includes:
- Chocolate, fruit or nut bar
- Green apple, sliced
- 15 Cherry tomatoes
- Mini pizzas! made from two english muffins, a tablespoon of sauce on each and 1/4 mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top. Melt in the toaster oven for 5 mins!
The Snackers box
Does your child like snacks more than meals? Well this is the perfect box for them! Filled with both savory and sweet flavors. This box includes:
- Tablespoon of peanut butter
- 6 Celery sticks
- 1/4 Puff snacks, such as pirate booty
- 2 Mozzarella sticks, wrapped in 2 slices of ham
- Bag of mini cookie bites
The Sweet Tooth Box
This box is for the kid who loves a sugary and sweet treat! Sugar doesn’t always have to be a. bad thing and this box is a great example, filled with natural sugars to satisfy your child’s sweet tooth and avoid the sugar crash! This box is filled with:
- 1 Banana, sliced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 String cheese
- 1 Chocolate treat, like a chocolate kiss
- 6 Ritz cracker sandwiches. This consists of 12 crackers sandwiched together with peanut butter!
The Protein Box
This box is for the health conscious child. It is filled with delicious protein options that will keep them full for a long time! This box includes:
- 1 Cup of vanilla yogurt, add a dish
- 1/2 Green apple, sliced
- 1/4 Pretzels
- 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips
- 4 Large strawberries