Whether it is a new at home project or a fun craft to do as a family, DIY kits really help form creative ideas into memorable pieces. Etsy is known for its arts and crafts environment and has a handful of amazing DIY kits to help get you started. We have found some of Etsys best DIY kits for you to try out!
Let’s get to crafting
Beginner Embroidery Kits
Embroidery can be relaxing, creative and entertaining to do in your free time! Plus, knowing how to embroider can open up a world of possibilities. You can have an endless amount of unique and one of kind pieces! The possibilities are truly endless however, many people say getting started is very hard. Not anymore!! Etsy user ZAZARITA has beautiful beginner embroidery DIY kits to get you started on your creative journey. These sets are completely customizable with full instructions and tools necessary. Depending on the style and fabric of your choice, kits start at $8 and go to $80. You can choose from 40 different styles! This is a great hobby if you need help de-stressing at night, if you are relaxing on the beach or if you just have extra time on your hands!
Low-MaintenanceTerrarium/Moss Art Kits
Terrariums and Moss art is great for the individual who wants to begin their at-home gardening journey. These kits are super low maintenance and easy to grow! They are great for households of all types but especially those in a city or area that has a lack of greenery. Bringing nature into your home can bring a sense of calamity to your life and to your home environment. Plus, these kits allow you to make completely customizable wall art. Picture above is a Moss box by NaturelyBox on Etsy. With three different sizes to choose from, it is easy to place this piece in an area of your home. These kits range from $30 to $50. Having plants in the house has never been easier!
Easy Macrame Kits
Macrame is an art from that dates back to the 13th century. The art of knot-tying can be seen in fashion, interior design, crafting and more. Different knots and patterns can create designs throughout the threads. Macrame is a very soothing hobby to have and a super fun DIY kit to check out! This particular one happens to make a hanging rainbow and is made by MotleyBliss on Etsy. There are three sizes to choose from, ranging from $22 to $33. Though there are directions, the color threads you use and order of knot-tying is completely up to you! By the end of the experience you will have learned a new hobby and will have a beautiful new wall decoration!
Delicious Bubble Tea Kit
Everyone has been obsessing over delicious boba tea for awhile now, but it just got even better! Introducing a DIY at-home bubble tea kit! This box has everything you need to make delicious brown sugar flavored bubble tea right from the comfort of your own home. This product is made by Kitsbyfoodcraft, is $36 and comes with the choice of having paper straws or stainless straws in the box. Save this for a rainy day or become a boba tea master!
Which kit will you try first?
Best Hair Care Products For Curly Hair
Everyone with curly hair has a serious love hate relationship with it, especially in the summer. The salty ocean creates beautiful but dry curls, the humid air creates frizzy waves and god forbid it rains. However, keeping your luscious locks looking good and feeling healthy does not have to be such a challenge! We have found some of the best hair care products for those with curly hair!
Let’s get to it!
Love-Your-Self (LUS) 3-Step System
LUS has helped girls realize their “frizzy” hair is actually just curly hair that needs the right treatment!! This 3-step system comes with shampoo, detangling conditioner and gel styler. The company is cruelty free, color safe, and vegan. All of their products are hydrating, gentle and moisturizing to keep your hair healthy! Their products are also free of sulfates, silicones, parabens, propylene glycol, phthalates, paraffin, DEA, mineral oil, gluten and synthetic dyes. Plus, all of their products are dermatologist approved. This means their products are hypoallergenic, non-irritant, and safe for sensitive skin! The two biggest ingredients are shea butter and moringa oil to give your hair shine without it looking or feeling oily! We recommend trying out this brand if you are looking for a curly hair product that has it all.
Grow Gorgeous Curl Collection
Your new curl routine starts with Grow Gorgeous! This product will give you frizz-free, bouncy and healthy looking curls. It is the company so many swear by! Grow Gorgeous set comes with it’s defining shampoo, defining conditioner, defining cleansing conditioner and defining leave-in butter. Together, the product will enhance and define your natural curls. The company uses a handful of natural ingredients that they refer to as their “curl coding technology.” Some of these ingredients include wheat extract, camellia oil, sweet almond oil, cocoa butter, and crambe oil. This formula gives you smooth, long-lasting, manageable curls and controls the overall volume and frizz. It also keeps your curls bouncy, so you won’t feel like you are being weighed down by your hair. This product is good for curly, wavy and afro hair. Grow gorgeous is also vegan friendly, gluten free and formulated without parabens, sulphates, silicones, phthalates or mineral oil. If you are looking for that product that gives your curly hair a natural shine and silky smooth look, this is the product for you!
Briogeo Curl Charisma
For those who have wavy, curly, and coily hair textures, it is important to use products that define and hydrate your curls. Briogeo understands this which is why they created an amazing value set dedicated to defining and hydrating natural curls. This set comes with shampoo and conditioner to use in the shower, cream to use as a leave-in product and gel for when you are styling your hair. These products control your curls, while still maintaining movement and bounce to the hair leaving you with a resilient, sleek, and long-lasting curl. Some notable ingredients include rice amino acids, quinoa extract, shea butter, and tomato fruit ferment. This set is also safe for Color treated, keratin treated, chemically-treated, and relaxed hair. If you are looking for a reliable hair care brand, Briogeo is your go-to!
Which hair care products will you try?
Summer Style Look-Book
What you wear is more than just articles of clothing but it is a piece of who you are. This summer we have been seeing some amazing fashion trends that we can not get enough of!! We put together a list of our favorites to create the ultimate summer style look book!
Let’s get to it
Ruffles add a whimsical and fun attribute to any piece in your closet! Wether it is a blouse, dress, or skirt, ruffles add a feminine flare to your wardrobe and OOD (outfit of the day). This dress is from ShopLane 201, an adorable online women’s boutique, featuring pieces that are to die for. This dress is on the pricier side at $59. However, their pieces are great quality and are made to last a lifetime. Check them out online!
Mix and match patterns
Hop on the newest fashion trend, mixed and matched patterns! We are seeing these outfits all over social media and are obsessed to say the least. This outfit is from The Ragged Priest, a men and women’s online clothing store that features funky and vintage patterns. They have some of the most unique and good quality pieces. These particular pants sell for $70 and can be paired with so many cool tops. Check them out online or on social media!
Baggy ripped jeans
Baggy jeans have been in style for quite some time however the style, color and shape of the jean has been morphing. Recently in the fashion world, we are seeing a lot of ripped baggy jeans. They are not only so comfortable but they can be dressed up or down. These jeans can be found online at the sourpuffshop, a store known for their aesthetic and unique pieces. All pieces look designer but are affordable! These jeans sell for $44 and ship worldwide.
Bikini skirt sets
The new summer fun trend. Regular bathing suits are so overrated, cute and waterproof matching mini skirts are the new it item! This particular set can be found online at coolisaconstruct.com or on their social media page. You can find the entire set online for over $100 however their are lots of online coupons that can be applied to this purchase, making it around $80 for the top, bottom and skirt! Check out their website for more funky and colorful patterned pieces.
Dresses with a slit
Dresses with slits are sexy, classy, girly, breathable and comfortable. Basically, they are everything you are looking for in a summer dress! This style has been around for ages but is making a big come up recently on social media! You can dress these dresses up or down, making them great to wear to a variety of events. This dress is from Natalierolt, an online store that features beautiful and classy gowns. These designer dresses can be very expensive however, online websites like REVOLVE have a handful of similar dresses for $60 and under. Get yourself one of these staple pieces before the summer is over!
Which style will you try?
Helpful Hair Tips and Tricks
Sometimes it can be hard to tame your mane. Whether you have thick or thin hair, sometimes it can be hard to choose between healthy hair and stylish hair. Air-drying is healthy but may not always look the best. No matter what your hair texture is, we are identifying seven different but common hair problems and providing you with tips and tricks to get your hair looking and feeling good!
Let’s get styling!
- You constantly have to redo your ponytail
- Whether your hair tie is worn out or your hair is thin, thick, heavy, dry or greasy, fixing this issue can be frustrating process. The best way to keep your ponytail stable by using a bungee hair tie like the one pictured below! Use a regular hair tie at first as a base but leave it loose. Then use the bungee hair tie around the ponytail and hook it together. This will keep your ponytail secure. Plus, the adjustable rope will guarantee you won’t have a headache.
- You always buy shampoo and conditioner
- It can be easy to run through a sweet-smelling shampoo and conditioner combo. try to only use around two teaspoons of shampoo and a quarter sized droplet of conditioner. This is all your hair needs to be hydrated, clean and healthy! It will also help preserve your products for longer.
- Using conditioner regularly makes your hair greasy
- Some oil-based conditioners can be a little too moisturizing, making your hair almost greasy. Using conditioner products that are water-based can help fight this problem. If you are having this problem, check out Briogeo superfood hair care.
- Scalp sunburn
- Scalp Sunburn is nothing to mess around with. Your hair typically protects your scalp from the sun. However, during hot summer months it may not be enough. Using products that protect your scalp are important to keep your head and hair healthy. If this is something you need, check out Sun Bum Scalp and Hair Mist Spf 30!
- Your hair products have adjectives on the bottle
- Most of the times, hair products use these adjectives as marketing strategies. While many products do not actually follow through with the expectations on the bottles, many natural products have scientific benefits that will! One of the best products that lives up to its potential is Innersense volumizing hair foam.
- It takes FOREVER for your hair to dry naturally
- If your hair has levels of high porosity, or soaks up a lot of moisture, it can be harder and take longer for your hair to naturally dry. Using an apple cider vinegar rinse after showering or a leave-in conditioner product should help your hair dry faster over time!
- It grows at a slow pace
- There is no direct way to have your hair grow in a weeks time, it will take time and patience. However there are various products and methods that are used to expedite the process. Taking supplements, such as collagen, stimulating your scalp with product scalp scrubs, and sleeping on a silk pillowcase to limit split-ends, will all help your hair grow at a fast rate! Some products are featured below.